Z1 Tag Applicators are easy fastening systems for cattle ear tags. They are perfect for animal identification systems and animal records. Applicators are used for all Z “No-Snag” Tags. It is the only one-piece tagging system with proven 99.4% retention and faster healing. Fast, easy application- no blades, no knives. Their cutting tip makes a small, precise, and clean incision which heals nicely around the tag stem. Each applicator comes with two pins with replacement pins available.
- To avoid disease or ailments of any kind, use sterile tools and equipment
- Do not puncture blood vessels or cartilage.
- Always make a new incision. Applying cattle tags into holes from older tags will not allow for proper healing. Tags are likely to snag and potentially fall out of the ear.
- Make accurate and precise incisions while avoiding puncture wounds for better healing and retention.
- Make sure to place RFID tags in the left ear, 1 ½’’-2” from the head.
- Make sure all attachments are in place- Button should be placed on the back of the ear.
- Make sure the button is placed on the back of the ear.