Panacur Powerpac is used for the control of large strongyles, cyathostome larvae, small strongyles, pinworms, and ascarids in horses and ponies.
Panacur Powerpac is the only FDA approved treatment for all stages of encysted small strongyles. Because strongyles represent up to 90% of a horse's worm burden, it is important to treat all horses with Panacur Powerpac horse dewormer 1-2 times per year. Each Panacur Powerpac horse wormer treatment contains 5 double-dose syringes of fenbendazole for the control of large strongyles, encysted early third stage, late third stage and fourth stage cyathostome larvae, small strongyles, pinworms, ascarids and arteritis caused by 4th stage larvae of Strongylus vulgaris in horses. Administer 1 syringe per 1250 lbs daily for 5 consecutive days. Apple-cinnamon flavor.
- Safe for foals and pregnant mares, older horses, thin and underweight horses, miniature horses, the environment and for use around other farm animals and pets
- Labeled for the control of large and small strongyles (including migrating larvae), pinworms and ascarids (roundworms)
- A larvicidal dose is the only FDA-approved treatment for all stages of encysted small strongyles
- A unique apple-cinnamon flavor that horses readily accept
- The antiparasitic action of Panacur (fenbendazole) Paste 10% is due to the inhibition of energy metabolism in the parasite
Panacur (fenbendazole) Paste 10% has no known contraindications with any drug.
For control of encysted early third stage (hypobiotic), late third stage and fourth stage cyathostome larvae, and fourth stage larvae of Strongylus vulgaris, the recommended dose is 4.6 mg/lb (10 mg/kg) daily for five consecutive days; administer one syringe for each 550 lbs body weight per day.
Panacur (fenbendazole) Paste 10%: Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment and control of parasitism.
Click here to read the product label